We’ve created many tutorials and instructional videos to help you teach online.
You can learn more about Canvas, creating high-quality video, ENGR Mediasite, accessibility, Zoom, and more. On-Demand workshops and webinar recordings are available here, too.
Note: This page has been reorganized to better meet engineering faculty needs.
Table of Contents
Recording and Video
- Start Here: Getting Started with ENGR Mediasite and Canvas
- 2-part video about creating accessible online courses:
- Editing Captions in Mediasite and YouTube (4 min.)
Accessibility: Accessibility Series
- Creating an Accessible Word Document
- Converting a Word Document into an Accessible PDF
- Accessibility Series Tutorials
This allows you to install preapproved software packages without contacting Engineering IT.
This can be used for Faculty, staff, and students to check the connection back to campus.
- Share with students: Getting Started with Zoom
- Schedule and Invite with Zoom (7 min.)
- Schedule and Record Zoom Sessions in Canvas & eCampus (5 min.)
- Save Zoom Recordings Locally (5 min.)
- Share your Zoom Cloud Recording
- Downloading Video from the Zoom Cloud
- Getting Started with the iPad in Zoom
- Managing Participants and Using Chat in Zoom (3 min.)
Zoom: Student Engagement
Recorded Webinars & Workshops
- Accessibility Tips (25 min.)
- PowerPoint Accessibility Tips (25 min.)
- Canvas Basics (40 min.)
- Canvas Gradebook Basics (23 min.)
- Canvas Gradebook: Getting Ready for the End of the Semester (24 min.)
- Content Delivery in an Online Environment (Adding Content to Your Canvas Course) (50 min.)
- Setting up Quizzes & Exams in Canvas: An Overview (35 min.)
- Tips & Tricks to Increase Student Engagement (42 min.)
- 5 Steps to Getting Started with Teaching Online
- Things to Consider When Going Online
- 2 Ways to Enhance your Online Course
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Mediasite-Enabled Spaces Outside Zachry (download)
- Aggie Code of Honor (5 min.)
- Additional resources available on the Provost’s Keep Teaching page